Harvey Nichols has taken its website offline and cautioned that shoppers may not receive refunds directly from the store. The move follows the department store chain's acquisition by Mike Ashley's Frasers Group last week.
Website notice and refund warning
The website now displays a message confirming the new ownership and explaining that online operations are paused during a transition period. It reads: “We are pleased to confirm that Harvey Nichols has entered an exciting new chapter with new ownership, supporting its future, under the Frasers Group.”
“Harvey Nichols is currently unavailable online whilst we complete a period of transition. In the meantime, our stores remain open, and our teams are on hand to assist with anything you may need.”
The notice also addresses refunds for orders placed before August 13, 2026, stating that these fall under the previous ownership and cannot be processed by Harvey Nichols directly. Customers with outstanding refunds are asked to contact HNCustomers@fticonsulting.com.
Customer guidance and legal options
Reports indicate that customers emailing that address have received an automated response directing them to seek refunds from their banks. The response suggests contacting credit card providers to explore claims under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act for purchases over £100, or using chargeback for debit card payments or credit card purchases of £100 or less within 120 days.
The automated email states: “If you purchased goods from Harvey Nichols prior to 13 August 2026 and are seeking a refund, we would encourage you, in the first instance, to contact your credit card provider to understand whether you may be entitled to make a claim through them under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act or through a chargeback process.”
Restructuring and store portfolio
Frasers Group will oversee a “significant restructuring” as it integrates Harvey Nichols, reviewing its shop portfolio, organisation structure, operating model and costs. The rescue deal secures more than 1,000 jobs and includes six stores in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds and Edinburgh.
International franchise stores will continue to trade, but the OXO restaurant, launched by Harvey Nichols in 1996 at the OXO Tower, was not included and has been acquired by another buyer. The takeover follows the appointment of administrators from FTI.
Frasers Group chief executive Michael Murray said: “Harvey Nichols is an iconic British institution with significant potential, but it is clear meaningful change is needed.” He added: “The turnaround will require tough choices and we are prepared to make those decisions, even if that means a smaller business in the near term, to create a stronger and more sustainable Harvey Nichols for the long term.”
Harvey Nichols chief executive Julia Goddard said: “Today marks an important milestone for Harvey Nichols and provides a strong platform for the next phase of the business’s evolution under the ownership of Frasers Group.” She noted progress over the past year in repositioning the business, investing in the flagship store, and strengthening the brand DNA.



