Endrick has reportedly rejected a move to Liverpool because he does not want to leave Real Madrid. The Reds have shown interest in signing the Brazil international as they continue to search for a new right-sided winger.
Liverpool are understood to have made enquiries regarding Endrick's availability following Real Madrid's signing of Yan Diomande. The Reds were prepared to spend almost £100million on the Ivory Coast international, who ultimately chose Madrid over Merseyside.
Liverpool's search continues
Since then, Ibrahim Mbaye of Paris Saint-Germain has emerged as the leading target for the position. But negotiations for the Senegal attacker have stalled. Liverpool had a bid rejected for Brighton's Yankuba Minteh on Thursday, hours before reports of their apparent approach for Endrick emerged from Brazil.
Despite Diomande's arrival intensifying competition in attack, ESPN Brasil reports that Endrick is keen to stay in Spain after relishing pre-season training this summer. Manager Jose Mourinho is believed to view the forward as a flexible attacking asset.
Pre-season form
Both manager and player have apparently turned down approaches from Aston Villa and Roma in recent weeks. Having spent the second half of last season on loan at Lyon, Endrick has featured under Mourinho during pre-season this month.
The 20-year-old started and found the net on his first appearance of the summer against Fiorentina. Endrick also started friendlies against Deportivo La Coruna and Ferencvaros, though he was absent from their most recent outing. Diomande made his non-competitive debut in Endrick's absence, replacing Brahim Diaz for the final half-hour.
Diomande's praise for Mourinho
The former RB Leipzig winger has spoken glowingly of Mourinho since his arrival in the Spanish capital. In an interview with SportyTV, he said: "As soon as I arrived, he told me: 'I promised you that you were going to be part of my team, and here you are.' And I told him: 'I'm happy to work with you because you are the best.'"
"I can learn a lot from him; he is the right coach to continue my development. I am prepared to die for him."
Alternative targets
Liverpool have since shifted their focus towards alternative targets, most recently seeing a £50m bid for Minteh knocked back by Brighton and Hove Albion. The Reds have additionally held preliminary discussions regarding Mbaye and Magnhes Akilouche.
The latter has since followed the former to Paris Saint-Germain, with whom Liverpool have been engaged in negotiations for several weeks over Bradley Barcola. PSG are demanding £140million for the France international, who has made clear privately that he wants to sign for the Reds. Matias Fernandez-Pardo and Said El Mala were also flagged up as possible targets earlier this summer. Minteh, however, remains the player they have formally bid for even though he is out injured until October.



