Strictly Come Dancing star Johannes Radebe has quashed speculation that he will quit dancing after landing a presenting role on the BBC show. The 39-year-old professional dancer, who became a household name since joining Strictly in 2018, has now set the record straight about his future.
New Hosting Role
Johannes was announced as one of the new hosts of Strictly Come Dancing alongside TV legend Emma Willis and comedian Josh Widdicombe. The trio will replace Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman, who announced their departure from the much-loved show last October.
Speaking on Emma's BBC Radio 2 show over the weekend, Johannes addressed the burning question on everyone's lips: whether he would stop dancing altogether. He said: "The one question I have been asked since the announcement on Tuesday is, 'Are you not going to dance any more?'"
Emma replied: "We would all be bereft if that was the case."
Johannes' Reassurance
Johannes assured listeners: "No, listen, I'm not hanging (up) my dancing shoes yet. I'm not, I'm not. I will definitely be throwing some shapes and moving my hips. I can't (not). That's my life."
He added: "For it to be just taken away completely would be a travesty for me also. So, it's not lost. There is a plan in action. I mean, it's not my space any more to be on that dancefloor. But there's gonna be … you're gonna see JoJo."
Josh Widdicombe's Secrecy Challenge
Josh, who appeared on the show as a contestant in a festive special, admitted keeping his new role under wraps was a challenge. He said: "It was such a weird couple of weeks. I didn't tell my children. I thought my children were definite leaks."
Making their first public appearance at the Chelsea Flower Show, Emma remarked: "It was really busy at Chelsea Flower Show yesterday, wasn't it, JoJo? When you walk around with you, it's like I would imagine if you were walking around with Brad Pitt."
Johannes replied: "Stop it. I said to my agent, what are they trying to achieve, putting me in an afternoon, a sunny hot afternoon, with middle-aged women? It's just not gonna go. Those are my people."
Josh chimed in: "Genuinely, me and Emma were walking around – I've never felt so anonymous in my life. It was unbelievable."
Speculation and Chemistry
Speculation over who would replace Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman has been a major talking point since last year. Emma, the former Big Brother host, said: "I didn't tell my parents. I only told one of my children, and not the other two, because I thought they might blab."
It has been reported that their on-screen chemistry during tests was undeniable, prompting BBC executives to hire all three. Referring to their chemistry, Josh added: "Every time we chat I think, 'oh my god, what if there's no chemistry there?' And every time you guys make me laugh so much. It's a joy."



