Man arrested after woman in 40s raped on Bournemouth woodland path
Man arrested after woman raped on Bournemouth woodland path

Detectives investigating a suspected rape in Boscombe, Bournemouth, have arrested a man in his 60s from the town.

Dorset Police received a report of the rape at 12.16am on Thursday, with the attack believed to have occurred around three hours earlier on Wednesday evening.

A woman in her 40s and a man had met on Woodland Walk that evening, according to the force.

Wide Pickt banner — collaborative shopping lists app for Telegram, phone mockup with grocery list

Investigation and Appeal

Detective Inspector Edmund Murray said: “We are continuing to support the victim and have updated her of the latest development.

“An investigation was launched and we have now made an arrest as we continue to investigate what happened.

“I am appealing to anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity in the area that may assist our enquiries to please get in touch.

“Our local neighbourhood policing team will be patrolling the area and can be approached by anyone who has concerns or wants to provide information.”

Scene and Community Concerns

Woodland Walk, a hiking path connecting Christchurch Road and the Boscombe cliffs, was cordoned off during the scene investigation.

Residents said the suspected attack left them concerned. Kirsty, 50, told the Bournemouth Echo: “Woodland Walk has increasingly become a very unsavoury area for anyone to be on their own but especially for women.

“I have not felt safe in Boscombe for many years and increasingly in the surrounding areas.”

She urged the council, police and local MPs to work on efforts for better protections in areas where anti-social behaviour has been reported.

Pickt after-article banner — collaborative shopping lists app with family illustration