A four-year-old boy was allegedly raped after being kidnapped from his garden in Bangladesh. Police confirmed a 65-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the reported attack on Saturday morning (August 22).
Attack details
The victim was reportedly playing in his garden when the suspect approached him. He is then said to have been lured to the man's home under the promise of being given food. The suspect then allegedly raped the four-year-old before being found by the boy's mother.
As reported by the Daily Star, the alleged attack took place in the Jhenaidah district of Bangladesh at around 9.30am local time (4.30am UK time). The suspect, identified by local media as Md Abdul Mannan, was arrested later in the day and remains in custody.
Search and arrest
The 65-year-old reportedly lured the boy to his home with the promise of jambura, a local citrus fruit. After being missing for a while, the victim's mother and grandmother launched a search to find him. Local media reported they found the boy being raped by the suspect at his home. The mother screamed for help as the man tried to flee the scene.
Police were then called and Mannan was soon arrested and is set to appear in court over the coming days. Meanwhile, the boy was taken to hospital for treatment.
Police confirmation
Mehedi Hasan, the officer in charge of the case, confirmed the man had been arrested and remains in custody. He said officers from Duttanagar were called to the scene before Mannan was taken into custody at Maheshpur Police Station.
Jhenaidah is a district located in southwestern Bangladesh, sharing a border with India to the west. The total population of the entire district is around 1.77 million, while the main town area has an estimated population of over 150,000.



