Undefeated boxing star Viktor Jurk is one of the most talked about fighters on the planet right now after a stunning one-second knockout that went viral. The 26-year-old German prospect knocked out Colombian Edwin Castillo on the undercard of Paddy Donovan vs. Karen Chukhadzhian in Mannheim, Germany, last Friday.
Jurk rushed to the centre of the ring and landed a devastating left hand just over a second into the fight, sending Castillo crashing to the canvas. The referee immediately waved off the contest, and the knockout clip was shared millions of times worldwide, including by the WorldStar Instagram account to its 43.8 million followers.
Planned Viral Moment, But Fists Did the Talking
Speaking exclusively to Mirror Fighting, Jurk revealed he had been planning with his team to go viral through a unique ring walk involving a robot. However, it was his destructive power that captured global attention.
“We’ve been talking over last couple of months, how we can make sure I go viral on Instagram,” Jurk said. “We thought first, it’s going to be viral with my ring entrance, because you never had someone walking in with a robot. But it was the KO. You know, it was just the work.”
He added: “I said to them, ‘Listen, I become famous with my work.’ And it happened. So, yeah. It’s cool. I’m happy. I’m very blessed that people start to recognise me because I have been in this game for 16 years, and now I am loving the love I get.”
Concern for Opponent and Staying Grounded
Jurk expressed hope that Castillo is recovering well. “I hope my opponent is cool. I hope he’s good, because in the ring, I didn’t realise what I did. Now, over the days when it calms down, you realise, ‘All right, damn, that was a shot.’ And I hope he’s good and back home.”
Despite the sudden fame, Jurk remains grounded. “My life didn’t change. I still live in my flat back home. I still drive my car. I still I’m able to breathe. I’m still a normal human. But, the world sees you different. It’s just the people how they recognise you, but I’m still the same kid from my home.”
He added: “I always try to ground myself. I always tell me, ‘Listen, you still a kid, dream chasing. It’s just a part of the process.’ How can I say I’m famous if people like AJ (Anthony Joshua) are famous? It just went viral, but in one week, it’s probably everyone forget about it.”
Planned to Go Rounds, But Seized the Opportunity
Jurk admitted the initial plan was to get rounds under his belt, having last gone the distance in 2024. But when Castillo opened himself up, Jurk took the chance. “The case was going some rounds, just to make sure you learn the rounds. I last went the distance back in 2024. So, we did the sparring and we did the rounds and I’ve been tired of that work. And then in the ring, I said to myself, ‘Actually, if there is a chance to finish it, I finish it. We don’t know what’s happening in two rounds.’ So, he opened himself. I said to myself, ‘All right. Let’s have a try.’ That’s it.”
Eyes on UK Fight and Johnny Fisher
The 26-year-old, who has fought mainly in Germany, is eager to fight in the UK and has called out fellow social media sensation Johnny Fisher. “I think first round KO for me, win first round,” Jurk said. “He looks like he’s a big puncher. But he’s not a boxer. I saw the video clips how he spars the guy Eddie Hall. Man, now he spars him. How’s Eddie Hall possible to hurt him? Like, how? He’s probably got some power in himself, but I got bigger power in my hands. So, listen, I would like to fight him (Fisher), but I don’t think that he takes the fight. Better for him.”



