Meghan Markle's UK return 'real reason' exposed by Sky News
Meghan Markle's UK return 'real reason' exposed by Sky News

Sky News has allegedly exposed the real reason behind Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's return to the UK, which comes six years after their departure to Montecito, California. This U-turn follows their recent trip, where their children, Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five, met with King Charles for the first time during a private reunion at Highgrove House.

Although reports claimed their move back was motivated by their desire for their children to attend school in the UK, it has now been suggested that Meghan's acting career is the main catalyst.

Royal commentator weighs in

Royal commentator Bronte Coy told Sky News' Leah Boleto: "She [Meghan] stepped away from Suits, where most people knew her as Rachel Zane in 2017, and she was quite excited about joining the Royal Family at the time and said that it was seen as a change as opposed to something she was giving up in a sad way."

Wide Pickt banner — collaborative shopping lists app for Telegram, phone mockup with grocery list

She added: "I think their original plan for the US has not worked out as they thought it would ... there has been a pivot in the future of what they want to do."

Acting comeback clues

Bronte continued: "I think the first big sign of this was probably when we heard that she had dipped her toe back into acting in the end of last year. We heard quite suddenly that she was playing herself in a cameo role, in a big movie with Brie Larson and Jack Quid and Lily Collins, which hasn't been released yet."

"For me, that was a big clue about what was to come, and obviously, she was there and really enjoyed that experience, and that has paved the way for what we've learnt, which is that she will be appearing in a production here in the UK."

School enrolment and residence plans

As for where they will reside, a source told the MailOnline that Meghan also privately toured two schools, ahead of their return to the UK later this month. Having already enrolled Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet in British schools, the youngsters are expected to start at their new schools in early September.

It remains unclear if the couple have purchased their new UK home or will rent. It also remains publicly unknown if the family have been given security assurances, and whether the financial burden will fall on taxpayers.

According to The Telegraph, the King was informed of the move on Sunday and was pleased that he would be able to see the family more when they return. Meanwhile, Prince William and the Princess of Wales, who have not been on talking terms with Harry and Meghan for some time, have also been informed of the move, via reports from The Telegraph and The Sun.

As for their Montecito mansion, it's said that Meghan and Harry will keep the property they purchased in 2020 after moving across the pond, as well as their holiday home in Portugal.

Pickt after-article banner — collaborative shopping lists app with family illustration