Sid Wilson has publicly addressed being axed from the Slipknot lineup, just days after the group issued a statement confirming they would no longer be associated with him. The band confirmed that Sid, 49, had been removed from the group after almost three decades, effective immediately.
Wilson's cryptic social media change
Speculation had been rife over Wilson's future in the band following reports he had been sacked several weeks ago. However, he recently introduced himself as a member of the American group, casting doubt on the previous reports. Taking to Instagram, Sid, who lists his name as "SID / Dj Starscream/Slipknot," has now changed his biography to read: "@slipknot 1997-2026."
Over the weekend, in a statement shared on Knotfest's official Instagram, the festival the group created in 2012, they confirmed his departure. The statement said: "Effective immediately, Slipknot will no longer be associated with Sid Wilson. We wish him the best in his future endeavours." They captioned their post: "Slipknot have parted ways with Sid Wilson." The announcement could briefly be found on the band's website.
A history of lineup changes
Wilson, who was known as No. 0, served as the keyboardist and DJ in the group, joining in 1998, not long before they achieved commercial success. But Sid's exit from the group is one of several the band has seen over the years. In 2019, they announced they were parting ways with Chris Fehn after he alleged he hadn't been paid properly in over two decades of working with them.
Craig Jones, who originally joined in 1996, left in 2023, with Jay Weinberg also quitting that same year for a "creative decision." At the end of July, reports emerged in American media that Sid had been axed. A source told TMZ: "Sid was notified late Friday afternoon that he's been permanently kicked out of the band." But guitarist Jim Root later took to social media, appearing to dismiss the speculation, writing: "Don't believe everything you read. Stop. Think. Take a breath. Sit with it for a while."
Kelly Osbourne's social media outburst
The statement came ten days after Sid's former fiancée, Kelly Osbourne, lashed out at him on social media, demanding he pay child support and "take some responsibility." "Wake the f*** up and take responsibility," she fumed. "I will not take your sh*t anymore! I'm done. I want to be happy and I have a beautiful son to raise." In another post, she wrote: "Also, while I'm at it, can I have my dogs back and all my possessions. Oh yeah, and maybe some child support?"
In view of her 4.3 million followers, she said on her Stories: "Strange how the loudest defence of the guilty is rarely innocence... It's distraction. When the mask slips, they don't face the mirror; they throw it at someone else. I also heard that when you break a mirror you get 7 years bad luck! Or is that just karma? This is why I always take accountability! As they say some are sicker then others." Kelly then shared a quote reading: "My son's little heart once beat right beside mine. So trust me when I say... I will protect it all costs."
Kelly and Sid had been friends for more than 20 years before coupling up in 2021. They parted ways in March this year, just seven months after they got engaged backstage at Ozzy Osbourne's final concert, Back to the Beginning. But while they attempted to present a united front, the couple decided to split, with reports saying it was the "best option" for both.



