Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor reportedly spotted in South of France with two women
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor spotted in South of France with two women

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was reportedly spotted in the South of France this summer and is said to be looking for a property in the region, according to new reports. Writing in his latest Substack post, author Andrew Lownie claims that the disgraced former Duke of York has retained his passport and continues to travel abroad.

Details of the sighting

Mr Lownie writes: "Andrew has not been stuck forlornly in Marsh Farm over the summer. He retains his passport and regularly travels abroad with the knowledge of the King." He continues: "Andrew has been in the South of France, where he was spotted in a red baseball cap, white trousers, Timberland shoes and Ray Ban glasses and accompanied by two forty-something women – one blond and the other with red hair. It is said he is looking for a property in the region." It is understood that he was spotted in the Cannes and Nice regions.

Context of the travel

Andrew has remained under investigation since his arrest in February on suspicion of misconduct in public office. Mr Lownie adds that His Majesty is aware of this foreign travel; however, there is no suggestion of wrongdoing, as those released under investigation without conditions are legally permitted to travel. The latest alleged sighting comes after he recently became a grandfather for the fifth time when his daughter, Princess Eugenie, gave birth to a third child - a daughter named Adelaide Elizabeth Annina Brooksbank - in Lisbon, Portugal, on August 3.

Wide Pickt banner — collaborative shopping lists app for Telegram, phone mockup with grocery list

Family tensions and previous events

It also follows suggestions that the former Duke "rejected" King Charles's offer to visit the Balmoral Estate in Scotland this summer, along with other members of the Royal Family. "He feels like he is no longer part of the family," a source told The Sun. "He was invited but has got no great desire to be at Balmoral as he has nothing to gain and would be treated as an outcast. What's the point, he feels, of going all the way there for a much-needed holiday and being treated as an elephant in the room?" At the time of his younger brother's arrest, His Majesty said in a statement: "I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office. What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation. Let me state clearly: the law must take its course. As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all. Charles R."

Current status

In October last year, the King stripped him of his titles of Prince and Duke of York. At the same time, he was evicted from Royal Lodge in Windsor and now lives at Marsh Farm on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk. He was arrested on his 66th birthday in February, on suspicion of misconduct in public office and remains under investigation. Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has continuously denied wrongdoing. Buckingham Palace and representatives for the former Duke of York did not respond to our request for comment.

Pickt after-article banner — collaborative shopping lists app with family illustration