Former Major League Baseball star Trevor Bauer escaped unhurt after his McLaren sports car was involved in a terrifying crash in Arizona on Wednesday. Bauer, 35, who has not pitched in the majors since 2021 following sexual assault allegations, was driving in a 45 mph speed zone when another driver collided with him, sending his car spinning out of control, according to a source close to Bauer.
Crash Details
TMZ published photos and videos of the aftermath, showing debris scattered across the road. Bauer, wearing a backwards cap, was seen chatting with police officers at the scene. None of the involved parties required hospital treatment. It has been reported that Bauer was in Arizona for medical treatment related to a back injury that has placed him on the Long Island Ducks injury list.
Previous McLaren Incident
This is not the first time Bauer has experienced a scary incident with a McLaren supercar. In 2019, he posted a photo of his smashed McLaren 650S, writing: 'Yesterday, if you told me a semi truck would total my McLaren, I [wouldn't] have believed you. If you told me it would happen like THIS? I would've said you're out of your mind.' TMZ reported that a tire flew off a truck, smashed through a window, and landed on top of his parked car at a dealership.
Bauer's MLB Return Hopes
Bauer continues his search for a return to Major League Baseball after serving a 194-game suspension (reduced from 324 games) following sexual assault allegations. He was never criminally charged and has maintained his innocence. Speaking last week, he revealed that no MLB teams have signed him, even though he offered to play for free. 'I've offered to play for free, I've offered to go to the minor leagues, I've offered to literally donate my entire salary back to the team's foundations and to play literally for zero dollars,' Bauer said on OutKick's 'Don't @ Me with Dan Dakich'.
Bauer, a former Cy Young Award winner, has played professionally in Japan and Mexico and currently pitches for the Long Island Ducks in the Atlantic League. He threw a seven-inning no-hitter for the Ducks last month but remains frustrated by the lack of interest from MLB teams. 'It just doesn't feel like anything that I do is going to be sufficient. No matter how well I pitch or what I say or don't say or whatever,' he explained.
Allegations and Legal Battles
Bauer has claimed that teams are colluding to keep him out of baseball since multiple allegations of sexual assault surfaced in 2021. In 2022, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office declined to file charges over allegations from his first accuser. Bauer and that accuser later sued each other, settling both suits in 2023 without admission of wrongdoing or exchange of money. Three other women have accused Bauer of sexual assault; one was later charged with defrauding him.



