The real reason behind Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's return to the UK has been revealed. Senior entertainment reporter Bronte Coy reported that Meghan being offered a part in a "top secret" UK production was the driving force behind the surprise decision.
The pair are coming back to the UK and are said to be living in a non-royal residence outside of London, and will be sending their children, Archie and Lilibet, to a UK school. Speculation has been rife about why the couple, who stepped back as senior royals in 2020 and moved to the US, have decided to move back to the UK.
Acting return cited as key factor
Speaking on GB News, Bronte revealed she believes the return is down to Meghan's desire to return to acting. She said: "But it's obviously exciting enough that it is a huge piece of the puzzle. But there are a lot of factors behind Harry and Meghan making this bombshell decision to move back to the UK.
"I think a lot of people have been taken quite by surprise. But we knew why Harry would probably want to do this. We have the elements to do with his family."
Invictus Games and British education
"We have Invictus Games in Birmingham in 12 months, which he's very focused on, and he's linked to his patronages here. And of course, they want the kids to have the British education. But the big question was always going to be, well, what will Meghan do here? Because as far as we knew, she didn't have strong ties to any sort of work commitments over here that we knew of.
"So this, for me, has answered a huge part of that in terms of why she might have been motivated at this time herself to be here.
Clues from recent cameo
"I think it is a little bit unexpected, but at the same time, we saw a big clue of this at the end of last year when she dipped her toe back into this sort of work. She did a cameo. It was as herself, but of course it was in a movie.
"So it was playing a role, so to speak, in a movie called Close Personal Friends alongside Brie Larson and Jack Quaid, which hasn't been released yet, but we heard she loved being back on set. It obviously has whetted her appetite to do more of it. And I think that was probably the first big sign that this could be something she'd be interested in."
Since the interview, it has been reported that Meghan is in early talks to star in season three of Netflix series The Gentleman. The Gentlemen season two premieres on September 3.



