Swansea City manager Vitor Matos has said it is not his place to put a price tag on star striker Zan Vipotnik, and insists he remains focused on the club.
Vipotnik was the subject of a £10m bid from Premier League Hull City last week, an offer that was swiftly rebuffed by the Swans. The Slovenian is believed to still be on the radar of several clubs this summer, although at the time of writing the Tigers are the only side to have made a concrete offer.
WalesOnline understands Swansea would currently only consider a sale in the event of a bid around £20m, but former Wales international Nathan Blake has suggested they should hold out for even more.
Blake's £30m suggestion
Speaking on the BBC's Feast of Football podcast, former Cardiff City hero Blake said Swansea should be demanding closer to £30m for the former Bordeaux man, who won the Championship's Golden Boot last season.
"That's Blake's opinion," Matos said when the pundit's comments were put to him ahead of Saturday's visit of Sheffield United. "That's not one for me. That's one for the club. At the moment, me and Vipi are focused on Sheffield United and that's what we need."
Asked if he was still confident Vipotnik would remain a Swans player beyond the September 1 deadline, Matos added: "He's with us at the moment. So I think it's important that for us we focus game by game. We have good players, transfer market is open so there's always rumours. There's always a lot of things. I will not speak publicly about rumours or interests when there's something there's something and if not, there's not. So there's nothing at the moment."
Incomings and other targets
There is also nothing imminent, Matos claims, in terms of incomings, with a midfielder and a centre-back still believed to be on his list. "No. So far, no news. Of course, the market is still open and that means we as a club always try to see if there are opportunities and possibilities to improve the squad in terms of strengths and profiles. Whatever will happen will happen."
He added when pressed on whether he still wanted a couple of additions: "That's clear. It's now about finding the right ones and which possibilities there are for us."
It seems unlikely, as things stand, that Ousseynou Fall Seck will be joining in this window, with sources claiming that the player's struggles to get a UK work permit have made Europe a more likely destination. Matos, however, remains coy on any potential interest in the Senegalese youngster.
"There's still nothing related or confirmed by us. So nothing I can add on that," he added. "It's a rumour. What can I say? I've been totally clear, I will not speak on these kinds of things. If he's a player for us I will speak, if he's not a player of ours, it's not ethically correct to speak about that."



