UK Police Investigate Epstein Files Paedophile Ring Claims
UK Police Probe Epstein Files Paedophile Ring Claims

Surrey Police have confirmed they are investigating two separate allegations of historical child sexual abuse contained within the Epstein files, though no arrests have been made. The first allegation relates to incidents in Surrey and Berkshire between the mid-1990s and 2000, while the second concerns the mid to late 1980s in West Surrey. Specialist detectives have interviewed the alleged victims, but no charges have been brought.

Background of the Epstein Files

The US Department of Justice released over 3.5 million pages of documents related to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, who died in a prison cell in 2019 while awaiting trial on sex trafficking and conspiracy charges. His associate, Ghislaine Maxwell, was sentenced to 20 years in a US prison in 2022 for her role in abusing young girls. Multiple UK police forces have been reviewing the released files.

Surrey Police Statement

In a statement on Tuesday, Surrey Police said: "Following the release of files relating to Jeffrey Epstein by the US Department of Justice, we are investigating two separate allegations of non-recent child sexual abuse. One report relates to locations in Surrey and Berkshire in the mid-1990s to 2000. The other relates to the mid to late 1980s in West Surrey. No arrests have been made. We take all reports of sexual offending seriously and will work to identify any reasonable lines of enquiry to verify information or establish corroborating evidence. There is no further information at this time."

Wide Pickt banner — collaborative shopping lists app for Telegram, phone mockup with grocery list

Specific Allegations in the Files

One partially redacted FBI report from July 2020 includes a claim from an individual who alleged they were drugged and driven to "paedophile ring parties" at a livery stable near Virginia Water, Surrey, during the mid-1990s. The same person, aged 31 when they came forward, also claimed to have been hit by a car driven by Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, which allegedly caused permanent injuries to their ribs, hip, and leg. The complainant alleged that a figurine from the car's bonnet broke off in their hand and was buried near their home as potential evidence.

The document does not specify the complainant's gender but states they were between six and eight years old at the time of the alleged incidents. In another claim, the individual said they were restrained on a table at a Berkshire address and "tortured with electrical shocks" while men watched. They also reported suffering a broken nose, which was only treated after a rugby match to disguise the cause. Additionally, they alleged abuse by Epstein during family holidays in Florida.

Police Investigation and Denials

Surrey Police would not confirm whether these specific allegations are part of their current investigations. The force previously stated they found no evidence that the allegations had been reported to them after reviewing their systems. Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has consistently denied any wrongdoing regarding his association with Epstein. He was arrested in February on suspicion of misconduct in public office, with Thames Valley Police investigating claims he passed confidential information to Epstein while serving as a government trade envoy.

Separately, Lord Mandelson, former UK ambassador to the US, is being investigated by the Met Police for alleged misconduct in public office over claims he forwarded confidential information to Epstein while serving as Tony Blair's business secretary. The Mirror has contacted Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's representatives for comment.

Pickt after-article banner — collaborative shopping lists app with family illustration