The Duchess of Sussex could make a return to acting once she and her family have moved back to the UK.
Move back to the UK
Harry and Meghan are to live in a non-royal residence outside of London, having already enrolled Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet in British schools, it was disclosed on Wednesday.
First reported by Australian news website News.com.au, the duchess is said to have been offered a role in an upcoming project based in the UK, though no further details have been confirmed.
Source comment
A source close to the duchess did not deny the report.
The former Suits star quit acting when she and Harry got married in 2018 but has still been on screens in her lifestyle show With Love, Meghan.
She made her name when she played Rachel Zane, a paralegal, in the US drama for seven series.
Finances and security
Questions have been raised over the Sussexes' finances as decisions about whether taxpayers will foot the bill for their security remain unanswered, but the duchess will continue to run her lifestyle brand, As Ever, from their new base.
Prime Minister Andy Burnham would not be drawn on Harry and Meghan's security arrangements in the UK, saying the funding for it was a "private matter".
After his level of protection changed when he stepped down as a working royal in 2020, the duke has faced a protracted legal battle with the Home Office over security for him and his family while they are in the UK.
At the end of June, Harry was still waiting for a review by the Risk Management Board, part of the process by which the Executive Committee for the Protection of Royalty and Public Figures (Ravec) rules on his security requirements – and he and his security detail were working to try to ensure his July visit could go ahead safely.
Individual decisions on protective security for key public figures, including members of the royal family, are made by Ravec – which includes the Home Office, Metropolitan Police and Royal Household – which advises an independent chairperson.
Legal costs
As the fallout from their announcement continued, Harry and six other household names were to find out how many millions of pounds they will have to pay to the Daily Mail's publisher in legal costs.
The high-profile figures, including Baroness Doreen Lawrence and Sir Elton John, sued Associated Newspapers Limited (ANL) over allegations of unlawful information-gathering, but Mr Justice Nicklin dismissed all the cases in a judgment last month.
Mr Justice Nicklin is to give his decision on the size of an initial payment the group will make to ANL on Friday, and the court had previously been told the total costs were more than £34 million.



