Janette Manrara Lands New Stage Role After Leaving Strictly Come Dancing
Janette Manrara Lands New Stage Role After Leaving Strictly

Janette Manrara has been flooded with support as she announced another new role she's set to take on in the coming weeks after leaving Strictly Come Dancing.

New Role in Affluenza

The dancer and presenter has been confirmed in the cast of the world premiere of Affluenza, which begins performances at Riverside Studios in London on September 26 as part of the Mainstage Season. She'll star alongside Stranger Things star Noah Schnapp, who makes his stage debut, as well as stage and screen stars Juliet Cowan and Wallis Currie-Wood.

Set in the Hamptons, the play follows the fallout from a teenager's drunken car ride that ends in devastation and explores moral accountability, family legacy and the generational cost of privilege.

Wide Pickt banner — collaborative shopping lists app for Telegram, phone mockup with grocery list

Social Media Announcement

Sharing the news of her new role on Instagram, Janette said: "I can finally say that I will be joining the cast of the world premiere of AFFLUENZA at Riverside Studios in London. I have always loved telling stories — through dance, movement and presenting. Now, I get to tell one in a whole new way… and this one is a conversation starter. New chapter. New challenges. Excited for what's to come."

Janette's husband Aljaz Skorjanec, who is confirmed to be returning to Strictly as a pro this year, was quick to publicly show his support, as he gushed: "Proud doesn't describe it! Well done Bučka." Strictly pal Katya Jones also commented on the news: "So proud! Can't wait," while Jowita Przystal shared: "Yaaay congratulations! Can't wait to see you shine." Emmerdale star Lisa Riley also added: "So proud of you my beautiful - you will be incredible."

Departure from Strictly

Janette joined the BBC One dance show back in 2013 as a professional dancer, before leaving in 2020. The following year, she took over from Zoe Ball as the host of It Takes Two, alongside Rylan Clark and then Fleur East. But Janette confirmed she had left Strictly's spin-off series in a video posted on her YouTube account in June. She said at the time: "Strictly Come Dancing has changed hugely, and I am no longer a part of It Takes Two or the main show. I'll still be involved in other ways. But that just means that I'm free to pursue and do many other projects that I've always wanted to do and never really thought about doing. Strictly is all I've known for the last 14 years, so it is a bit like, 'Oh, we're going into a different world, a different space, how are we going to navigate that?'"

The confirmation came after she said in a fan Q&A that her calendar had been "freely opened" and that she was looking for new opportunities in her "exciting new chapter".

Pantomime Debut

It comes after Janette revealed that she'll be starring in her first-ever pantomime this Christmas. Last week, she announced that she'll be taking on the role of Tink in The All New Adventures of Peter Pan at The Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury. She penned: "A little bit of PIXIE DUST has landed in my life… I'm SO excited to finally announce that I'll be making my PANTOMIME DEBUT this Christmas as TINK in The All New Adventures of Peter Pan at The Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury! My first EVER panto… and I get to fly off to Neverland?! Expect magic, mischief, lots of laughs, a little dancing (obviously) and ALL the festive sparkle!"

She continued: "I cannot WAIT to step into Tink's tiny shoes and share this brand-new adventure with you all. Second star to the right… and straight on 'til morning! Who's coming to Neverland with me?!"

Pickt after-article banner — collaborative shopping lists app with family illustration