Trump's MAGA Allies Furious Over Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's UK Return
MAGA Allies Furious Over Harry and Meghan's UK Return

Donald Trump's most vocal MAGA supporters have seized on Harry and Meghan's dramatic decision to quit California and re-establish their family in Britain, with one leading conservative figure alleging the move is linked to the couple's opposition to the US President.

The Sussexes confirmed on Wednesday that they will head back across the Atlantic this month, bringing an end to six years of life in America. Their announcement has sparked an immediate political backlash, with the couple's long-running tensions with Mr Trump being placed firmly back under the microscope.

Political Backlash and MAGA Reactions

The news had been circulated to several media organisations before the couple made their plans public, including a report which directly connected the move with their strained relationship with the President. Harry and Meghan are expected to remain in Britain for an "extended period", with Archie and Lilibet already enrolled at a school in the UK.

Wide Pickt banner — collaborative shopping lists app for Telegram, phone mockup with grocery list

Among the first to react was Katie Miller, the wife of White House deputy chief of staff Stephen Miller. Posting on X, she declared: "They are moving back to Britain because they don't like President Trump." She accompanied the remark with a People Magazine article which said the Sussexes "have made no secret of their disillusionment with the current White House" ahead of the midterm elections. Miller subsequently took further swipes at Meghan, claiming she "always just wanted to be a celebrity" and alleging that the couple was "broke".

Conservative Voices and Strained Relationship with Trump

Conservative broadcaster Megyn Kelly also weighed into the row after news of the transatlantic move emerged, reports the Daily Mail. "We've done our time here in America my dear friend!" she wrote on X, responding to right-wing commentator Dan Wootton's post describing the development as "Megxit" being "reversed".

The Sussexes' strained relationship with Mr Trump is not new. Harry previously criticised the President after Trump claimed NATO allies had "stayed a little back" during the war in Afghanistan. The President had also questioned whether NATO would come to America's aid if the US "ever needed them". Harry, who served in Afghanistan, responded by stressing that "every allied nation was obliged to stand with the United States ... in pursuit of our shared security." He invoked NATO's Article 5, saying: "Allies answered that call." Harry added: "I served there. I made lifelong friends there. And I lost friends there."

Reasons for Return and Royal Family Dynamics

There could, however, be other reasons behind the Sussexes' decision to leave their £11million Californian home. People Magazine reported that Harry believes Meghan is becoming more warmly received by the British public. The Duke was said to have been encouraged by the level of interest surrounding his wife during a recent trip to Birmingham.

Despite their return, the Sussexes are not expected to resume their former positions within the monarchy. The couple will live in a non-royal property and will remain private, non-working members of the Royal Family. King Charles was told by Harry on Sunday that the family intended to return to Britain later this month. The monarch is understood to "welcome" the prospect of spending more time with his son and grandchildren on a private and personal basis. However, the King has made clear there will be "no alteration" to Harry and Meghan's position or status as private individuals and non-working members of the Royal Family. That remains consistent with their "clearly expressed wishes and agreement over past years".

Logistics and Future Plans

Sources have stressed that a return to royal duties is not part of the Sussexes' "plan". The Express understands there was no discussion of the move when Harry, Meghan and their children met Charles at Highgrove earlier this summer. The timing could therefore indicate that the King was caught off guard by the announcement.

Pickt after-article banner — collaborative shopping lists app with family illustration

Harry had already been due to travel to Britain next month for a WellChild Awards event, with accommodation arranged for him at Buckingham Palace. That arrangement will no longer be necessary, however, as the Duke, 41, and Duchess, 45, are expected to return with their children within the next two weeks and remain for an extended period. Archie, seven, and Lilibet, five, have already secured places at a British school, with reports suggesting the family could remain in the country until their children's education is complete.

There is still no confirmation that the relocation will be permanent. For security and privacy reasons, the address of their new British home has not been disclosed. Harry and Meghan are nevertheless expected to hold on to their £11million Montecito property, where they have lived since leaving Britain for America. They also retain a home in Portugal. The unexpected homecoming marks a dramatic new chapter six years after the Sussexes stepped away from working royal duties and began their life across the Atlantic.