Andrew Windsor 'seen with two women on Riviera property hunt' after skipping Balmoral
Andrew Windsor 'seen with two women on Riviera property hunt'

Disgraced Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has reportedly been spotted with two women on the French Riviera and is alleged to be on the hunt for a new property abroad. The former Duke of York, who remains under investigation after his arrest in February on suspicion of misconduct in public office, has kept hold of his passport and is said to be regularly jetting overseas.

Royal author claims King Charles aware of travel

Royal author Andrew Lownie claims in his latest Substack post that King Charles is fully aware his brother has been travelling abroad. Writing on his blog, the author of Entitled: The Rise and Fall of the House of York alleges the ex-prince is continuing to travel despite his ongoing legal troubles.

However, there is no suggestion of wrongdoing regarding his alleged sun-soaked trips, as individuals released under investigation without bail conditions are legally permitted to travel abroad.

Wide Pickt banner — collaborative shopping lists app for Telegram, phone mockup with grocery list

Details of sighting in South of France

Mr Lownie writes: "Andrew has not been stuck forlornly in Marsh Farm over the summer. He retains his passport and regularly travels abroad with the knowledge of the King. Andrew has been in the South of France, where he was spotted in a red baseball cap, white trousers, Timberland shoes and Ray Ban glasses and accompanied by two forty-something women - one blonde and the other with red hair. It is said he is looking for a property in the region."

It is understood that he was spotted in the Cannes and Nice regions. The latest alleged sighting comes after he recently became a grandfather for the fifth time, with his daughter, Princess Eugenie, welcoming her third child. Eugenie's daughter, named Adelaide Elizabeth Annina Brooksbank, was born in Lisbon, Portugal, on August 3.

Claims of rejecting Balmoral invitation

It also follows claims that the former Duke "rejected" King Charles's invitation to visit the Balmoral Estate in Scotland this summer, along with other members of the Royal Family. "He feels like he is no longer part of the family," a source told The Sun. "He was invited but has no great desire to be at Balmoral as he has nothing to gain and would be treated as an outcast. What's the point, he feels, of travelling all the way there for a much-needed holiday and being treated as an elephant in the room?"

When his younger brother was arrested, His Majesty said in a statement: "I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office. What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation." He added: "Let me state clearly: the law must take its course. As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all. Charles R."

In October last year, the King revoked his brother's titles of Prince and Duke of York. Andrew was also ousted from Royal Lodge in Windsor and now resides at Marsh Farm on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk. He was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office on his 66th birthday in February and is still under investigation. Andrew has continuously denied all allegations of wrongdoing.

Pickt after-article banner — collaborative shopping lists app with family illustration