David Niblett, 42, has been jailed for 15 years for raping a schoolgirl in West Sussex between January 2014 and December 2015, when the victim was aged between six and eight. He pleaded guilty to two counts of rape of a girl under 13 at Portsmouth Court on June 15.
Fled to Spain after allegations
Niblett, of Uxbridge Road, Uxbridge, fled to Spain after becoming aware that allegations had been reported to police in 2015. He was arrested in Spain on December 30, 2025, following the circulation of an Interpol Red Notice, an international alert requesting law enforcement to locate and temporarily detain a person.
He was extradited back to the UK in a joint effort between Interpol, the National Crime Agency’s extradition team and Spanish authorities.
Sentencing and court details
At Portsmouth Court on Friday, August 14, Niblett was sentenced to a total of 15 years’ imprisonment and an extra year on licence. He was also made subject to an indefinite Sexual Harm Prevention Order.
The victim, who has lifelong anonymity, was supported by specially trained officers throughout the investigation.
Police statement
DC Jacob Parkin from the Public Protection Team in West Sussex said: “Niblett carried out heinous crimes that breached the trust of his victim.” He added that the victim showed “tremendous bravery and courage throughout the investigation”.
DC Parkin said: “We take all reports of rape and sexual assault seriously and encourage victims to report their experience to police. We were determined to get justice for the victim and ensure Niblett was held accountable for his actions.”



