TikToker Sam Walker admits stalking after brain injury claim
TikToker Sam Walker admits stalking after brain injury claim

Liverpool TikToker Sam Walker told a judge "I've got a brain injury" after he admitted stalking a woman. Walker, 42, was due to go on trial at Chester Crown Court on Tuesday after initially being charged with disclosing/threatening to disclose private sexual photographs with intent to cause distress.

However, before the jury selection could begin, the court heard Walker, of Beecham Tower in Liverpool city centre, wanted to speak to his solicitor. Paulinus Barnes, prosecuting, confirmed to the court that following discussions with Walker's barrister, Peter Killen, a new charge of stalking involving fear of violence or serious alarm and distress would be put to the defendant.

Plea change and brain injury claim

When the charge was put to him, Walker, who sported cropped black hair and stubble and wore a black hoodie, initially replied "guilty". He then quickly changed his plea to not guilty, before apologising and adding: "I have a brain injury."

Wide Pickt banner — collaborative shopping lists app for Telegram, phone mockup with grocery list

The ECHO understands this head injury relates to an incident in Spain's Costa del Sol last year when he had emergency surgery following a serious assault.

Lesser charge accepted

Chester Crown Court heard Walker would instead plead guilty to the lesser charge of stalking without fear of violence. This was accepted by the prosecution and the court heard the other charges would be ordered to lie on the file at his next appearance.

The identity of the victim in the case is protected because of the nature of the sexual photographs charge.

Sentencing date set

Mr Killen invited the court to allow the Probation Service to prepare a pre-sentence report ahead of Walker's next hearing. Walker will be sentenced at the same court on October 16.

Walker was released on conditional bail ahead of sentencing. Recorder Phil Barnes KC, presiding, told him that all options remained open including immediate custody. When asked if he understood, Walker responded: "Yes, sir."

The convicted gangster and self-styled influencer has over 100 criminal convictions for offences including violence and drug supply. Over the years, he has gained a large online following because of his reporting on criminal life.

More recently, Walker has told his 190,000 followers on TikTok that he would be "tracking down people off the boats who are targeting our women". He has filmed a number of videos with Ryan Ferguson, who has previously shared anti-immigrant and neo-Nazi views on social media.

Walker previously appeared in Liverpool Crown Court in January this year, where a charge of sending a communication threatening serious harm was dropped. It was also heard that he had been "stabbed and shot", resulting in him missing a previous court appearance, with him claiming to have been in A&E as a result of his injuries.

In recent years, Walker has also travelled around the world to film content for his social channels. This includes to Sierra Leone in 2024, where he claimed he was helping children living in poverty.

In April of this year he was detained in Vietnam and, just last month, was held in the Czech Republic. A video showed Walker being put in handcuffs by a police officer who appeared to tell him he needed to be "extradited to Germany".

A mass of staples had to be put into Walker's skull following an attack in Puerto Banús, Spain, in July last year. It came days after he posted a video outside a Fuengirola bar where two Scottish crime figures were shot dead. The Daily Record reported Walker's video was seen by some to have been disrespectful to the victims.

Walker is yet to publicly comment on his stalking conviction.

Pickt after-article banner — collaborative shopping lists app with family illustration