A man has been charged with a string of sex offences and allegedly kidnapping a teenage girl, Greater Manchester Police have said.
Incident Details
It comes after a report that a girl had been abducted at approximately 6.45pm on Monday in the Altrincham area of Trafford, the force said.
Charges Filed
Paul Sharpe, 56, of Stockport, has been charged with kidnap with intent to commit a sexual offence, sexual assault, attempted sexual assault and engaging in sexual activity in the presence of a child.
He has also been charged with threats with a bladed article and administering a substance with intent.
Court Appearance
Sharpe is to appear in custody at Manchester Magistrates' Court on Friday.
Police Statement
Detective Chief Inspector Justin Bryant, of the Criminal Investigation Department in Trafford, said: 'Officers are continuing to work tirelessly on this investigation to establish the full circumstances surrounding the incident.'
The girl and her parents are working with specialist officers who are trying to build a full picture of the alleged incident.
Mr Bryant said: 'We would like to reassure the public that there is no wider risk to the community in connection with this matter.'
He also urged people not to speculate online about the case as it is a live investigation.
This is a breaking news story. More to follow.



