A murder investigation has been launched after two men died at a flat in Glasgow.
The men, Paul Lafferty and Gary Beaton, were discovered seriously injured inside a property on Chancellor Street in Partick at around 4.40pm on Sunday, August 16.
Emergency services attended but both men were pronounced dead at the scene.
Police Confirm Murder Investigation
Police Scotland had initially described the deaths as unexplained, with post-mortem examinations due to take place. At a press conference on Wednesday, August 19, detectives confirmed they have launched a murder investigation.
A major police presence has been visible around Chancellor Street since the men were discovered. Images taken at the scene on Monday, August 17, showed a large cordon surrounding the flat block, with police tape stretching across the pavement, property and surrounding street.
Uniformed officers were stationed around the cordon while detectives carried out enquiries inside the property. Investigators were also seen leaving a taped-off flat carrying briefcases and bags of potential evidence.
Residents Express Shock
Residents described their shock after the area was locked down by police. One local told the Record on Monday: "I've stayed on this street for years and I have never seen anything like this. I saw police dotted about last night and didn't think much of it. Now you can't move for them."
Another said: "I'm just so shocked. I can't believe this happened. You read about things like this online, you don't expect it to happen on your doorstep."
One resident said police had told them they could not leave their home while the investigation was taking place.
Police Appeal for Information
Detective Chief Inspector Jen McCulloch previously said: "Our thoughts remain with the families of the two men who have died, and they are being supported at this difficult time."
"We understand this will be concerning for the local community but please be assured we are working hard to establish the full circumstances of what has happened. Officers will remain in the area while our investigation continues and anyone with any concerns, or information, can approach them."
The families of the two men are aware. Police Scotland had urged anyone with information about the deaths to come forward. Anyone with information is asked to contact Police Scotland on 101, quoting incident number 1386 of Sunday, August 16, 2026.



