Trump Shares AI War Images, Warns Iran Time Is Running Out
Trump AI War Images Warn Iran Time Running Out

US President Donald Trump took to his Truth Social platform over the weekend to post a series of bizarre AI-generated war pictures as he issued a fresh warning to Iran while peace talks stalled.

Trump's Threatening Message

'For Iran, the Clock is Ticking, and they better get moving Fast, or there won't be anything left of them. Time Is Of The Essence! President DJT,' Trump wrote on Sunday. He also shared several AI-generated images, including one that shows him on a warship pointing toward the camera amid a sea storm. The dramatic scene features warships and lightning, with one vessel visibly bearing the Iranian flag. Standing by his side is a US naval commander, and the image is captioned: 'It was the calm before the storm.'

Another image shows the President menacingly pressing a red button from a control room in outer space while surrounded by screens showing explosions. The picture is captioned 'Space Force.' One picture shows a US warship lasering an Iranian plane and is captioned, 'Lasers: bing, bing, gone!!!', while a separate post features a US flag covering the Middle East with arrows targeting Iran. And in a clear jab at his predecessors, Trump shared an image showing an intact Iranian fleet under the label 'Obama/Biden' beside another image of those same ships destroyed at the bottom of the ocean, titled 'Trump.' The caption of the two images reads '159 boats' in reference to the number of Iran's naval ships which Trump claimed last month were all 'at the bottom of the sea.'

Wide Pickt banner — collaborative shopping lists app for Telegram, phone mockup with grocery list

Diplomatic Stalemate

Trump's threatening message on Sunday sparked fears he may resume strikes on Iran if they do not come to an agreement with the US to end the prolonged conflict. It came as he was set to speak with Israeli President Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday afternoon to discuss the latest developments in the region. An Israeli official told Axios the two discussed Iran, and the outlet also reported that Trump's national security team is expected to meet on Tuesday.

Iranian media reported Sunday that the Trump administration had offered no meaningful concessions in response to the Iranian regime's latest proposals, raising fears that negotiations could crumble. Trump said the fragile ceasefire was on 'massive life support' and dismissed Iran's counteroffer as 'totally unacceptable.' 'I looked at it, and if I don't like the first sentence I just throw it away,' he told reporters aboard Air Force One on Friday. He added that evening that the 'decimation of Iran' would be 'continued', while praising the US Military.

Military and Economic Pressures

During a congressional hearing last week, Secretary of War Pete Hegseth said they have 'a plan to escalate if necessary'. Meanwhile on Saturday, Iran revealed plans to impose fees on ships passing through the Strait of Hormuz, a vital energy waterway gripped by Iran, which is under a US naval blockade. The head of the Iranian parliament's national security committee Ebrahim Azizi announced the move to regulate traffic through the vital shipping lane. The proposed plans would see vessels charged 'fees for specialized services' provided under the new system. Azizi said: 'In this process, only commercial vessels and parties cooperating with Iran will benefit from it.' 'The route will remain closed to the operators of so-called 'freedom project',' he added.

The Trump administration is under pressure to end the war in Iran as gas prices rocketed by more than 50 per cent to a nationwide average of $4.51 per gallon in the US. Hegseth tried to avoid giving a clear answer about the cost of conflict during an appearance before lawmakers on Capitol Hill Tuesday morning. Hegseth appeared before the House Appropriations Committee last week to discuss the Pentagon's budget, alongside Pentagon comptroller Jay Hurst and Caine. The Defense Secretary was probed by California Democrat Pete Aguilar to share more details about the budget, to which Hegseth said the Pentagon would 'share what we can when it's relevant and required.' Aguilar then responded that he believes, 'this would be the format that would be required.'

Pickt after-article banner — collaborative shopping lists app with family illustration

Hurst told lawmakers that the estimated cost of the war had risen to $29 billion, up from the earlier $25 billion he had presented to lawmakers while appearing on Capitol Hill at the end of April. 'That's because of updated repair and replacement of equipment costs, and also just general operational costs to keep people in theater,' Hurst noted as justification.

Regional Tensions Escalate

Diplomatic efforts for a more durable peace have faltered, and fighting has heated up between Israel and the Iran-backed Hezbollah militant group in Lebanon despite a nominal ceasefire there. The UAE recently accused Iran of launching drone and missile attacks as tensions have risen over the Strait of Hormuz. A drone strike targeted the United Arab Emirates' sole nuclear power plant on Sunday, sparking a fire on its perimeter. There were no reports of injuries or radiological release, but it highlighted the risk of renewed war as the Iran ceasefire remains tenuous. No one claimed responsibility, and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) did not blame anyone for what it said was an 'unprovoked terrorist attack.'

The UAE has hosted air defenses and personnel from Israel, which sparked the war by attacking Iran with the US on February 28. Iranian state television, meanwhile, aired segments with news anchors holding rifles in an effort to prepare the public for war.