Strictly's Johannes Radebe Sparks Exit Fears With Emotional 'Goodbye' Speech
Strictly's Johannes Radebe Sparks Exit Fears

Strictly Come Dancing viewers have been left speculating about the future of professional dancer Johannes Radebe on the show, following what many interpreted as a farewell speech during Sunday's results show.

An Emotional Exit Sparks Speculation

The 38-year-old dancer prompted concern among fans after he and his celebrity partner, Alex Kingston, were eliminated following a dance-off against Balvinder Sopal and Julian Callion. In a move described by viewers as unusual, Johannes directly addressed his Strictly 'family' during his exit remarks.

Speaking to his partner, Johannes said, 'I've never grinned as much as I have in the last few weeks. Thank you Alex for being a trooper, I will hold on to the memories.' He added, 'As far as the dancing goes, I think we've achieved what we wanted to achieve. These memories are just the beginning for us, we can say that we are very much a Strictly family.'

Viewers Question a Potential Farewell

The speculation intensified when Johannes turned his attention to his fellow professionals in the Clauditorium, stating, 'But to my Strictly family. I'm forever grateful. Thank you.' This heartfelt address immediately set off alarm bells for fans watching at home.

Social media was quickly flooded with questions and comments, with one fan asking, 'Is JoJo leaving?' while another noted, 'Did Johannes just say goodbye to SCD?' A third commented, 'So sad to see them go. So sad that it looks like our queen JoJo could be leaving Strictly going by his speech. He is so special, would be a massive miss but he is a star born for the stage.'

When contacted by the Daily Mail for clarification, a spokesperson for Strictly Come Dancing declined to comment on the speculation.

Looking Back and Moving Forward

Johannes Radebe first joined the Strictly professional lineup in 2018. Over the years, he has been partnered with celebrities including Catherine Tyldesley, Caroline Quentin, Annabel Croft, and Montell Douglas.

This year has also seen the dancer branch out, making his musical theatre debut as Lola in the UK tour of Kinky Boots, fuelling further discussion about his future commitments.

For her part, 62-year-old Alex Kingston became the eighth celebrity to leave the 2024 competition. Despite previously strong performances, she found herself at the bottom of the leaderboard after a performance she attributed to 'fatigue'.

After the results were announced, Alex told presenter Tess Daly, 'I had never in my wildest dreams imagined that I would last this long. It's been just the most incredible journey for me. I feel quite proud of myself because I've loved the process.' She also gave a heartfelt tribute to her partner, saying, 'Everyone always says that their dance partner is a friend for life, but JoJo really will be.'

The results show also featured a Rumba performance to 'Wicked Game' by Grace Carter, choreographed by Oti Mabuse and Marius Lepure, as well as a musical performance by Myles Smith. The competition now moves into Musicals Week for the quarter final, airing next Saturday at 7.45pm.