Emma Willis, Josh Widdicombe and Johannes Radebe have been officially confirmed by the BBC as the new presenters of Strictly Come Dancing. The trio will take over from Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman, who announced their departure from the show in October 2025.
The announcement was made via the programme's Instagram page, with the caption: "It's official…September 2026." This marks the first time the flagship entertainment series will be hosted by a trio.
New Hosts Express Excitement and Gratitude
Emma Willis, known for hosting Big Brother, Celebrity Big Brother and Love Is Blind UK, said: "It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of Strictly – I've cheered and danced along from my sofa for years – so to be stepping into the Strictly ballroom is something I can't quite comprehend. It's impossible to fill the shoes that Tess and Claudia have left behind – two wonderful, iconic women who have been the beating heart of Strictly for so long. I can only hope that we are able to help to steer the ship as beautifully as they have, into this new chapter. I can't wait to spend my weekends with Josh and Jojo, the incredible dancers and the judges. Fingers crossed for a 10 from them!"
Johannes Radebe, who joined the show as a professional dancer in 2018, expressed his delight: "To be returning to Strictly Come Dancing in this new role is beyond anything I ever imagined. This show has always stood for joy, heart, and togetherness, and I feel deeply honoured to now help carry that magic forward. To do it alongside the formidable Emma Willis and the utterly brilliant Josh Widdicombe makes it even more special. I'm ready – sequins, nerves, and all…please bear with me. Love Jojo."
Stand-up comedian Josh Widdicombe, who previously competed in a festive special, said: "Dancing the Charleston dressed as a penguin for the 2024 Christmas Special of Strictly remains my career high point, so I am giddy with excitement, honoured and a little overawed to be given the chance to step into the biggest shoes in television. I adore Emma and Jojo and can't wait to spend my weekends with them. I'll dust off the penguin costume."
Background on Departing Hosts and Selection Process
Speculation about who would replace Daly and Winkleman has been rife since their departure announcement. Tess Daly, 56, had presented the series alongside the late Sir Bruce Forsyth since its launch in 2004. Claudia Winkleman, 54, initially fronted the weekday companion show It Takes Two before moving to host Sunday night results and joining the main Saturday show from 2014 after Sir Bruce stepped down.
Zoe Ball recently confirmed she had screen-tested for the hosting role but was unsuccessful. Kate Phillips, the BBC's chief content officer, commented: "Emma, Johannes and Josh's chemistry is undeniable. There's been so much speculation and hype, so I'm relieved we can share the news with the public at last! I'd like to thank all the brilliant people we saw before making this tough decision. But the most beloved ballroom in the UK always leads the way, and in a Strictly first we have chosen three outstanding hosts to take up the mantel. Along with our amazing Strictly team, who are busy planning fabulous and unforgettable treats for this new series, I know this terrific trio can't wait to join our judges and pros to bring us must-see TV on the BBC this autumn."



