Thomas Markle has said he is 'hurt and upset' after learning of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's impending return to the UK from the news, and fears he may never meet his grandchildren.
Meghan's estranged father claimed he was not aware of the move and heard about it on CNN. He is still yet to meet seven-year-old Archie and five-year-old Lilibet.
Reaction to the news
Harry and Meghan are returning to the United Kingdom after years of living in the United States, a decision which has been front page news and set the rumour mill swirling. Now, Thomas Markle has shared his reaction to the news and his disappointment in former 'daddy's girl' Meghan.
Mr Markle told The Mail on Sunday: "I saw on CNN that they were returning to England. I found out about it at the same time as the rest of the world."
He added: "I'm hurt and upset that she doesn't give a damn about me, even though I'm in hospital."
Never met grandchildren
Mr Markle said: "Meghan used to love me, she was always a daddy's girl, and now it's like I don't exist."
He continued: "I have never met my grandchildren, and now they are leaving America. One day those kids will ask about their 'other' grandfather – the one who isn't King – the one that Meghan and Harry are apparently ashamed of. I hope they know how much I wanted to meet them."
His relationship with Meghan deteriorated after he posed for paparazzi photos in the run-up to her 2018 wedding. She has not spoken to him since then.
Future plans
Speaking on his relationship with his daughter, Thomas said: "I will never stop loving my daughter but I will never understand why she turned her back on me."
Rumours have been rife as to where Harry and Meghan will choose to settle, with suggestions including rural locations in the Cotswolds. Archie and Lili are expected to start at their new schools in early September and it is understood there will be no published photographs of the children when they start or on their birthdays, as for working royals.



