Prince Harry and Meghan Markle decided to start house hunting in the UK earlier this year, a royal expert has claimed. Yet, King Charles was only told of the move on Sunday.
Royal commentator Tom Sykes told Page Six: "I was told by a friend of Harry's earlier this year that he was going to go house hunting and potentially in the Cotswolds near Highgrove."
The Cotswolds' special place for the Sussexes
The Cotswolds is a special area for the couple and the duke is said to know it "very well". The area is also reportedly special to Meghan, who rented a house there with Harry after their wedding.
He said: "Obviously, that's where he grew up, living with his father and brother there, and has happy memories." The King's Highgrove House is in the Cotswolds, where Harry and his brother, Prince William, spent plenty of time when they were growing up.
Harry grew up in the area while Meghan is said to have fallen in love with it after their wedding. It is also where Harry last met his father during his visit to the UK last month. He was joined by Meghan, their two children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, and Queen Camilla.
Reports of secret trips and school tours
It comes as other reports pinpointed the Cotswolds and Harry's most likely location for his new home in Britain. The Sussexes reportedly had a secret trip to the Cotswolds area in July.
Meghan also privately toured two schools, a source told the Daily Mail. The claims have not been independently verified.
The Sussexes are tipped to come back to the UK later this month and have already enrolled Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet in British schools.
Royal family's response to the move
It is understood there will be no change to Harry and Meghan's role and status as private individuals and non-working members of the Royal Family.
The King was first made aware of the move on Sunday, as was Prince William, only three days before it was made public, but it is understood that he welcomed the opportunity to see more of the family both in a private and personal capacity. Neither Buckingham Palace nor Kensington Palace made any statements about the bombshell move.



