Kevin Spacey made a high-profile return to the spotlight on Wednesday as he walked the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival, just months after reaching a settlement in a sexual assault lawsuit. The 66-year-old actor, accompanied by model Via Lemann, appeared in high spirits at the premiere of La Bataille de Gaulle: L'âge de fer.
Settlement Reached in Civil Case
In March, Spacey agreed to a settlement with three men who alleged they were abused by him between 2000 and 2015. The men claimed they met the Hollywood star through his role as artistic director at the Old Vic theatre in London. Spacey has consistently denied the allegations.
The civil trials were scheduled to begin at London's High Court in October, but on March 13, 2026, Mrs Justice Lambert ordered proceedings to be paused after a settlement was reached. The court order stated: "Upon the parties having agreed to the terms of settlement as set out in the confidential schedule." It added: "By consent, it is ordered that all further proceedings against the defendant in these actions be stayed upon the terms set out in this order and in the confidential schedule." The judge made no order as to costs, and the terms remain confidential.
Previous Acquittal and Career Impact
In 2023, Spacey was acquitted of nine sex offences relating to four men in a London criminal trial. Two of the claimants in the civil case had given evidence during that trial. Following the initial allegations, Spacey was dropped from the TV series House of Cards and removed from the film All the Money in the World.
Speaking ahead of a Channel 4 documentary in 2024, Spacey said: "I take full responsibility for my past behaviour and my actions, but I cannot and will not take responsibility or apologise to anyone who's made up stuff about me or exaggerated stories about me. I've never told someone that if they give me sexual favours, then I will help them out with their career, never."
Red Carpet Appearance
Spacey was joined by Via Lemann, a London-based international model and former rhythmic gymnast who has walked the runway for Paris Haute Couture Week and Milan Fashion Week. She wore a dazzling pearly grey gown as the pair posed for photographers.
Additionally, one of the claimants, Ruari Cannon, had also brought legal action against the Old Vic theatre. Earlier this month, that claim was settled. An Old Vic spokeswoman confirmed: "Ruari Cannon and The Old Vic have reached a mutually agreed out-of-court settlement, the precise terms of which are confidential. This settlement has been agreed without any admission of liability, having regard to the costs and impact on all parties of continuing litigation."



