Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Return to UK 'a Shock for Britain'
Harry and Meghan's UK Return 'a Shock for Britain'

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's decision to move back to the UK has left many wondering why they made such a U-turn after "Megxit", despite it being quite clear that Britain is not ready to "have them back", as GB News broadcaster Patrick Christys said.

GB News Presenter Calls News 'a Shock for Britain'

The GB News presenter told News24 that the news was "a shock for Britain". He brushed up two possible reasons why the Sussexes are planning to leave the US and move back to the UK. He said: "This is potentially something for tax purposes. Six full tax years in America and you can avoid paying millions potentially in capital gains tax on UK investments. That's quite a boring answer though."

He then speculated a "spicer answer" that could be that they have "failed in America", explaining: "Work appears to be drying up for them. They've been the subject of some pretty extreme ridicule."

Wide Pickt banner — collaborative shopping lists app for Telegram, phone mockup with grocery list

King Charles Informed of Decision on Sunday

King Charles was only informed of this decision on Sunday, despite having seen Prince Harry last month. The GB News host added that there were rumours about how much time the Sussexes will be spending together, as he quoted from the US press, claiming Harry has a room reserved at a private club when he wants to "get away for a night".

It is also doubtful that Meghan will be wanting to spend a huge amount of time in the UK, given what she had previously stated about "not feeling at home in England". It appears Meghan has also backtracked her past comments about privacy at UK schools.

Questions Over Meghan's Previous Comments on Privacy

"In 2022, Meghan said that she'd never want to educate her kids here because she wouldn't be able to do the school pickup and dropoff without it being a royal photocall. So is she really planning on doing that or has something changed?" Patrick questioned.

News24 host Andrew Bolt compared Prince Harry to a "fish out of water", saying: "He looked like a British guy that missed his mates and missed British ways and not cut out for the whole showbiz, celebrity, Hollywood kind of thing."

Harry's Desire for Children's Education in UK

In May, a source close to the Duke said he planned on educating his children in the UK. The pal said: "Harry feels his children are missing out on the extensive family network that their cousins are enjoying. Harry wants his children to have the very best education. He has retained his closest friendship group of confidants from his days at school at Ludgrove and Eton. He wants that for his own children."

Harry also previously told The Guardian that he "always will love the UK", adding: "I feel a lot of support from the British public."

Pickt after-article banner — collaborative shopping lists app with family illustration