Stephen Ogilvie, who was stabbed in the face, neck, and back in Belfast in June, may be discharged from hospital within the next week, according to his father. The 44-year-old is awaiting transfer to rehabilitation.
Recovery and Fundraiser Update
In a post on a fundraiser for Stephen, his father thanked the 1,300 people who had raised over £40,000 so far and confirmed the imminent discharge. He said: "We are waiting for Stephen to be discharged from hospital and go to rehab, hopefully this will be within the next week or so."
He added: "Again I would like to thank you all for all the support and kindness that you have shown us all as a family. I will keep you all updated when Stephen gets moved. This is were all the hard work starts and with all the support and love sent has really lifted him up. Thank you everyone."
Attack and Aftermath
Stephen lost an eye and eye socket and required reconstructive surgery to his nose after being repeatedly stabbed on Kinnaird Avenue on Monday, June 8. In mid-June, he was brought out of a coma and moved out of intensive care later that month. His family said he faced the possibility of losing the sight in his right eye.
Hadi Alodid, 30, of Duncairn Avenue in Belfast, has been charged with attempted murder, threats to kill an NHS radiographer on the same day, and possession of a knife.
Footage of the attack was shared widely on social media and sparked days of racist violence across Northern Ireland, with the homes and businesses of migrant families attacked. Stephen's family said such attacks were not in his name and condemned the unrest.



