Scottish Crime Round-Up: Murder Probe, Paedo Protests, and Snatch Plot
Scottish Crime Round-Up: Murder, Paedo, and Snatch Plot

A double murder investigation has been launched after two men died at a flat in Glasgow. The bodies of Paul Lafferty, 50, and Gary Beaton, 54, were discovered inside Paul's home on Chancellor Street in Partick at around 4.40pm on Sunday, August 16. The alarm was raised by a family member who was unable to get in touch with the pair. Officers and the relative went to the flat, where Paul and Gary were found dead.

Murder Probe into Double Death

Police Scotland had initially described the deaths as unexplained. At a press conference on Wednesday, August 19, detectives confirmed that the two deaths are "now being treated as a double murder" with a knife believed to have been involved in the killings.

Irish Animal Hunter at Heart of Inflaming Race Hate

A sadistic animal hunter is at the heart of efforts by far-right rabble rousers in Ireland to inflame race hate in Scotland. Neil Pinkerton was among a band of Northern Irish men to travel to Scotland on July 25 to join an anti-immigration event that was badged “Protect Our Women and Children”. He joined close friends Mark Sinclair, a former UVF bank robber, and sectarian killer Glen Kane, in Glasgow on a weekend of shame when masked figures made Nazi salutes and shouted “get them out”. Pinkerton can today be revealed as an “urban hunter” who glories in the killing of wild animals with dogs.

Wide Pickt banner — collaborative shopping lists app for Telegram, phone mockup with grocery list

Paedo Brandishes Walking Stick

Celtic Boys Club paedo Frank Cairney has been removed from his home Motherwell home for the fourth time in recent months following a protest by a vigilante group on the street. The 91-year-old, who indecently assaulted youth players, brandished his walking stick at protestors as he was led from a property in Lanarkshire by a number of uniformed officers at around 7.30pm on Tuesday, August 18. In a clip, shared by the 'Awareness Protection Group,' an angry crowd could be heard yelling "beast," "we will get you every time," "you destroy lives," and "horrible piece of s***" at Cairney was placed in the back of a police car. One organiser could be heard shouting: "Shame on you," while others fume "everybody hates you," "dirty, horrible b******," and "paedo".

Ex-Snooker Champ's Trial Continues

A woman allegedly sexually abused as a schoolgirl by former world snooker champion Graeme Dott has told a court she “struggled” to tell anybody about what happened. Dott, 49, is accused of lewd, indecent and libidinous behaviour towards two primary school age children. The allegations span between 1993 and 1996 involving a girl, and 2006 to 2010 involving a boy, both in the Glasgow region. Dott has denied the two charges against him. His trial at the High Court in Glasgow on Wednesday continued hearing evidence from one of Dott’s alleged victims, who spoke from behind a screen. The woman, who is now in her 40s, told the court on Tuesday that Dott had sexually abused her on multiple separate occasions while she was a child.

Child Snatch Murder Plot Suspect Makes Plea Deal

A child snatch murder plot suspect who fled to Scotland has made a plea deal to testify against her alleged gang members, US prosecutors have confirmed. Three US citizens - Valerie Hayes, Gary Reburn, and Jennifer Amnott - were extradited from Scottish prisons last year to face justice after being accused of a botched attempt to kidnap five children and kill their parents in Virginia. The trio were found living in Glasgow in 2018 after the FBI identified them as being behind the alleged scheme but remained behind bars in Scotland for seven years - costing the public purse at least £1million as they battled to stay in the country. Now, after a court hearing in the US, Jennifer Amnott is poised to give evidence against her alleged accomplices.

Pickt after-article banner — collaborative shopping lists app with family illustration