No trams will run between Oldham and Rochdale for almost two weeks as more major works take place on the Metrolink lines.
Closure details
The Rochdale line was fully closed over the weekend as engineering works took place on the line. No trams were running across the whole line from the Rochdale Town Centre to Manchester Victoria stops.
From today (Monday, August 17), the tram line will be closed between Oldham Mumps and Rochdale Town Centre. No trams will run on this part of the line until Friday, August 28.
Affected stops and replacement buses
Stops including Shaw, Newhey and Milnrow are affected on the line between Oldham and Rochdale. A replacement bus service will be in place for those with tram tickets.
Background and passenger feedback
The track renewal works are part of a £150 million upgrade to Metrolink - the biggest upgrade in the network's history. In July the Eccles, Trafford Centre and Altrincham lines had to close for three weeks as part of the upgrade.
Ian Davies, network director for Metrolink, said previously that Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) had 'listened carefully' about how the reliability of replacement buses could be improved. "A massive thank you to passengers for their patience", he said.
"We know people have had to make alternative travel plans over the last few weeks, but we’re ready to welcome people back on to our trams. We’ve listened carefully to passengers throughout the closure, in particular about the reliability of our replacement buses. We’ll take on board the feedback for the next phases of work."



