Celtic take on LASK Linz in an important Champions League qualification round tonight as the Scottish side look to advance into the league phase of the competition for the first time following its introduction during the 24/25 season.
Match details
The Hoops will have to get past the Austrian champions if they want to be playing in Europe's elite-level competition come September.
Martin O'Neill's side go into the game in fine form as they are yet to be beaten this season, with their latest win coming against Dundee United in the Scottish League Cup, where their opponents were put to the sword in a 4-0 defeat on their own turf.
However, as they face a side who are also perfect so far this season, Celtic will have to be at their best to ensure they don't exit the competition at the same stage as last year.
When and where
Celtic vs LASK Linz kicks off at 8pm on Wednesday, August 19, at Celtic Park, Glasgow.
TV and streaming
The match will be broadcast live on TNT Sports 1, with build-up beginning at 7:30pm.
The match will be available to watch via HBO Max for TNT subscribers, as well as the Celtic Player.
Team news and quotes
Celtic manager O'Neill was surprised to learn that he will be without Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain for both legs against the Austrian side, as he is suspended for three European games, after a red card he received whilst playing for Besiktas in December of 2023.
Hoops defender Cameron Carter-Vickers has revealed that getting knocked out of the competition at this stage last year has given his side even more motivation to turn it around this time out.
He said: “The season before last we had a pretty good run in the competition and that's something we want to try and recreate. Obviously last year was a disappointment.”
The 28-year-old also isn't letting the Hoops' fast start to the season allow for overconfidence.
“I think our football can definitely become slicker and more cohesive, and I think that naturally happens as the players play more with each other,” Carter-Vickers added.
LASK Linz manager Dietmar Kuhbauer has confirmed he has had a big-money offer from a club in Russia, but he has given his full commitment to his current project, with the match against Celtic ahead.
He said: “Without sounding arrogant, I don't want to jump at the first offer, and I am focused on improving what we did last season and try and ensure LASK have a good run in the Champions League this season.”
“I'm committed to LASK. I feel really comfortable here and now we have the chance to play European football. So, I'm not thinking about leaving here for a second.”



