Besiktas have reportedly made a new attempt to sign Newcastle United midfielder Joe Willock. It is claimed that the former Arsenal star has agreed a four-year contract with the Turkish giants.
The Magpies have already rejected a £10million offer back in July for Willock from the Super Lig side. It is understood that Newcastle have been holding out for a fee of around £17m this summer following weeks of talks.
Arsenal entitled to 10 per cent of any fee
Chroniclelive also understands that the Gunners will be entitled to a 10 per cent portion of any fee, underlining the Magpies' hopes of sealing a bigger offer for the 27-year-old who has 19 Newcastle goals to his name.
And Italian journalist Nicolo Schira has claimed that Besiktas have offered €20m (£17m) to sign the Englishman. It is said that the club are now waiting for an answer from Newcastle.
Willock's pre-season and manager's view
Willock has played in all of Newcastle's pre-season friendly games against Gateshead, Bristol City, Valencia and Everton. He is expected to play some role in Sunday's game against Liverpool (4:30pm).
The Magpies' No.28 essentially shut down talk that he will be leaving Newcastle this summer at the end of last season - by referencing his plans to stay with the Magpies four times in an interview with the club's TV channel.
He said: "People are going to the World Cup, and some people are having a break. From there, have a break but full focus on coming back next season and coming back in the best possible way and look to next season."
Transfer window deadline
When asked if certain players could leave before the window shuts on September 1, head coach Matthias Jaissle said last week he was still assessing the squad and he has now had a couple of viewings of Willock.
The 38-year-old said: "It would be unfair to judge them now after one session, so they can show up, like I just said, and we have still time."
"Not everyone will be happy, it's normal in football, one or the other wants to leave as well, but again, we have time."
"First, let me come here and do the job, let's work all together and then we'll make the decisions."
The summer transfer window closes for clubs at 11pm on September 1.



