Endrick is reportedly not considering leaving Real Madrid despite Liverpool apparently expressing interest in the forward. The Reds are said not to have made any offers for him during this summer transfer window, with Aston Villa and Roma also credited with an interest.
Endrick, 20, seemingly wants to stay despite the club signing Carlos Espi and Yan Diomande, which only increases competition up front. Liverpool were willing to pay £100million for the winger before he eventually chose Madrid over Merseyside.
Further transfer targets identified
Bradley Barcola and Yankuba Minteh are now targets. Brighton & Hove Albion, however, rejected a £50million offer for the latter.
Endrick now appears to have dealt the Reds another blow as ESPN reports that he wishes to remain in the Spanish capital after a positive summer. Jose Mourinho is understood to view the forward as a flexible attacking asset.
Pre-season involvement and injury
Following a loan spell at Lyon during the latter half of last season, Endrick has been involved in their pre-season preparations this month.
The 20-year-old opened the scoring in his first summer appearance against Fiorentina. He also featured from the start in their friendlies with Deportivo La Coruna and Ferencvaros, though he was absent from their most recent fixture up against Schalke.
Mourinho has also acknowledged that Endrick will not play in the first La Liga match against Espanyol on Saturday night. The forward is said to have a minor muscle injury.
Other Liverpool targets
However, he is reportedly just one of several players that Liverpool have considered signing. The Reds have held preliminary discussions regarding Ibrahim Mbaye and Magnhes Akilouche this summer.
The latter has since joined the former at Paris Saint-Germain, with whom Liverpool have been in negotiations for several weeks over Barcola. PSG are demanding £140million for the France international contract rebel, who has indicated privately his desire to join the Reds.
Matias Fernandez-Pardo and Said El Mala were also considered as possible targets earlier in the summer. Diomande, however, is the one they prioritised earlier in this window, before Madrid and Mourinho won out.
Speaking of their pursuit, he has told SportyTV: "Mourinho got up at five in the morning to talk to me. When Madrid calls you, you can't say no, so I said, 'If they want me, that's where I'll be'."
Diomande continued: "As soon as I arrived, he told me: 'I promised you that you were going to be part of my team, and here you are.' And I told him: 'I'm happy to work with you because you are the best.' I can learn a lot from him; he is the right coach to continue my development. I am prepared to die for him."



