Manchester United received a significant boost as Benjamin Sesko and Matthijs de Ligt returned to training at Carrington on Tuesday morning, ahead of the Premier League opener against Hull City. However, Mason Mount's continued absence has raised questions over his involvement in the match.
Sesko back in full training
Sesko, who has been sidelined since scoring in the victory over Liverpool on May 3, was seen training with the squad. The centre-forward missed all of United's pre-season fixtures, with Bryan Mbeumo, Joshua Zirkzee, and Matheus Cunha deputising in his absence. Mbeumo scored twice in the 2-1 win over Atletico Madrid and netted the equaliser against Paris Saint-Germain.
De Ligt steps up rehabilitation
De Ligt, who has not played since the 2-1 win at Crystal Palace last year, was also present for training. The Dutch defender underwent surgery at the end of last season to address a back problem that initially appeared minor but ultimately ruled him out for the remainder of the campaign.
Speaking about his recovery, De Ligt said: "Since November, I have done everything, pushing myself in every session and exploring every option, to get back to doing what I love, playing football. I am grateful to everyone who has supported me throughout a difficult period in my career. I remain as determined as ever to represent Manchester United and play in front of our incredible supporters as soon as possible."
Mount's fitness in doubt
While the return of Sesko and De Ligt is welcome news, Mount was again absent from training. The midfielder sustained an injury during the 1-1 draw with PSG and has since missed matches against Leeds and AC Milan. His absence on Tuesday casts doubt on his availability for the Hull clash.
Manager Michael Carrick had previously said of Mount's injury: "He got kicked. We just wanted to be careful and look after him. We've been lucky with injuries so far, so we wanted to be careful."



