Amad Diallo is not in Manchester United's squad for their Premier League opener at Hull City after picking up a niggle in training earlier this week.
Michael Carrick, the United manager, confirmed the Ivorian winger was being assessed before Saturday's lunchtime kick-off at the MKM Stadium, with the 24-year-old the headline omission from the 20-man matchday group.
Key absence for United's attack
Diallo's absence is a blow to United, as he impressed last season and also caught the eye during pre-season as one of the club's key attacking players.
Carrick said the 24-year-old was being assessed after picking up the niggle in training earlier this week, without giving a specific timeframe for a return.
Recovery timeline unclear
United are said to hope that Diallo is back "soon", but an exact timeframe for his return remains unclear at this stage.
More to follow.



