Zayn Malik Hit by Water Bottle at Fan Q&A Amid Tour Cancellations
Zayn Malik Hit by Water Bottle at Fan Q&A Amid Tour Drama

Zayn Malik's comeback was marred by fresh drama on Thursday when the singer had water bottles thrown at him as he left a fan Q&A in London. The 33-year-old former One Direction star had already axed 22 dates from his solo tour after suffering a health scare that left him hospitalized last month.

Incident at Banquet Records

Zayn participated in a fan Q&A at Banquet Records in Kingston on Thursday, with a select number of fans in attendance. However, the event took a turn as footage showed the star nearly being hit by a water bottle thrown by someone in the crowd. A clip of the moment was shared on X, with the caption: 'wtf someone threw water at Zayn???'

The event had already caused upset among some fans after the venue shared on X that the two planned Q&A's would be condensed to just one due to scheduling conflicts. The venue stated: 'Due to a last minute scheduling conflict, the 4pm and 6pm events will be merged. Don't worry - the venue will still be within safe capacity. If you have tickets for both the 4pm and 6pm shows, you will be refunded for one event, if you have entered the venue.'

Wide Pickt banner — collaborative shopping lists app for Telegram, phone mockup with grocery list

Many fans expressed their disappointment in the comments, with one writing: 'OMG Zayn is so incredibly unprofessional please never work w/him again!!!' Another said: 'My friend who was waiting for the 6pm event was in front of the line and as the events are merged, she is now at the back because the 4pm people are before her.'

Tour Cancellations and Health Update

Earlier this month, Zayn announced the cancellation of 22 US and UK tour dates after being hospitalized with a mystery illness. The former One Direction singer revealed he has returned home and is 'recovering well' following the hospital dash last month. In a new health update, Zayn said his biggest ever 31-date solo tour has now been slashed to just nine shows as he continues to recover.

Taking to his Instagram Stories, the singer said: 'To my fans thank you so much for all the support and love you've shown me on the album release and more importantly your love, prayers, and well wishes for my health. I've felt it, and it's meant the world. I've been at home recovering and I'm doing well and will be better and stronger than before. I've had to take another look at my schedule for the months ahead and have to reduce the number of shows on the KONNAKOL Tour.'

Zayn was preparing for his biggest solo tour ever with 31 dates worldwide when he fell ill. He had previously announced dates for arenas and stadiums across North America, South America and Mexico, with the tour wrapping up in Miami, FL at Kaseya Center on November 20. It was seen as a huge milestone step for Zayn, who cancelled previous live dates due to 'extreme anxiety'.

Recent Controversies

Before his hospitalization, Zayn had been under scrutiny after it was reported he punched One Direction bandmate Louis Tomlinson while filming a Netflix documentary. According to reports, the series has been scrapped after the pair got into a physical altercation, with Zayn allegedly punching Louis in the face, resulting in the singer suffering a concussion and requiring medical treatment. The pair have reportedly not spoken since the incident occurred six months ago.

Meanwhile, Zayn's family has requested that fans stop sending bouquet requests to a local florist to thank them for charity work during Ramadan. His cousin Sasha thanked people for their gratitude but asked for donations to The Palestine Project instead, saying: 'We're so grateful for everyone who has reached out to send bouquets! Logistically, it just simply can't work.'

Pickt after-article banner — collaborative shopping lists app with family illustration