Good Morning Britain viewers were left fuming after the show covered another Prince Harry and Meghan Markle “bombshell”.
Harry and Meghan Reportedly Returning to UK
It is understood that The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will move back to the UK later this month as non-working members of the Royal Family. The couple are expected to return from the States in California, with their son Archie and daughter Lilibet.
On Friday (August 21) the pair were the topic of conversation once more on GMB, when the show reported on claims of “another potential bombshell” in which it could apparently cost £5 million to keep the Sussexes safe in the UK.
GMB Reporter Details Security Costs
“When the couple left the UK, it was decided they would pay for security in America themselves privately. But when they came back here to visit any state-funded security would be decided by a Home Office committee on a case-by-case basis,” said a GMB reporter Lorna Shaddick.
They added: “But given the change in their circumstances now that is very likely to need reviewing,” before noting how Prime Minister Andy Burnham “sort of appeared to wash his hands of it” recently, when he said their security was a “private matter”.
Viewers React on Social Media
However, fans watching at home were left fuming by the Harry and Meghan coverage. On X, one person said: “This is all you’ve been banging on about now for 2 days. Change the record more important things are going on in the world.”
Another added: “Is there anything else happening in the UK? You ask for the public's vote for an award. Why should GMB be voted for when the topic of "Harry and Meghan" appears to be an obsession. Give us a break.”
A third chimed in: “Had switched off @GMB they've started up this crap again being anti Prince Harry and Meghan. They haven't got a clue what's going on or the details.”
However, in support of Harry and Meghan, someone else added: “Welcome back Harry & Meghan. Now can we just move on with our lives, maybe find a hobby or two if anyone is struggling to do that?”
Children Enrolled in British School
It was revealed earlier this week that Harry and Meghan will be returning home this September, and that they had enrolled their children Archie and Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor in a British school. The move was communicated to King Charles III only on Sunday, it is understood, and until now there was no indication as to what it had been predicated by. GMB airs Monday to Friday from 6am on ITV1.



