Tottenham Hotspur have reportedly reached a verbal agreement with Manchester City to sign Omar Marmoush, just 24 hours after finalising a deal to bring in winger Savinho. Roberto De Zerbi's squad are on the brink of sealing two transfers from Man City in quick succession.
Medical scheduled for Monday
Marmoush is expected to head to north London and undergo a medical on Monday, August 24. Fabrizio Romano reports Spurs have settled on an initial loan arrangement with City, with the two clubs agreeing to an obligation to buy clause, should specific conditions be met.
Spurs will pay City £50m if those criteria are satisfied during the season, something City have verbally accepted.
Further reinforcements pursued
The club are pursuing additional reinforcements, having already invested heavily this summer, bringing in Sandro Tonali, Mateus Fernandes and Jan Paul van Hecke for substantial sums, while Marcos Senesi, Martin Dubravka and Andy Robertson have arrived on free transfers.
Nevertheless, their requirement for greater attacking threat was evident in the 3-0 loss to Brentford, who comfortably dispatched Spurs in the Premier League curtain-raiser.
The signings of Savinho and Marmoush will push Spurs' expenditure past the £300million mark this summer, with all attention on what the club will accomplish in the window's closing stages.
De Zerbi speaks on squad progress
Speaking following the loss to the Bees, De Zerbi said: "For many reasons I think we are not a team yet. We are not at the right point in physical condition.
"But no excuse. When you are building a new project I don't want time, but we have to pass through these problems.
"I believe in my players, my club and myself. I think we are working well but we are late for the start of the Premier League. It's a step we have to improve quickly.
"We could fight stronger than we did today and we lost too many duels. The target is to become a team. To find the spirit, the soul, is a process."
The Spurs manager was questioned about the potential signings of the City pair in the build-up to the Brentford fixture and emphasised that his squad's transfer business remained ongoing. "It's not right to speak about the players until they are official," De Zerbi said. "Just to say, I'm very happy. We have not finished yet in the transfer market.
"It's an important part, I think, because so far we have had a great summer of signings - great players, great behaviour, great spirit, great personality."



