Gordon Ramsay's new BBC show 'falls apart' as Marcus Wearing quits
Gordon Ramsay's new BBC show 'falls apart' as Marcus Wearing quits

Gordon Ramsay's new television show with fellow chef Marcus Wearing has reportedly ground to a halt after Wearing told producers he no longer wants to be part of it, just weeks before filming was due to begin.

The series, which was being made under Ramsay's production company Studio Ramsay for BBC Daytime, had been announced following a reconciliation between the two chefs after a 16-year feud. Wearing, 56, previously appeared on MasterChef.

A source told the Sun on Sunday: "Sadly, the format has already fallen apart. Last week, Marcus told the producers he didn't want to do it anymore, leading to the show being halted."

Wide Pickt banner — collaborative shopping lists app for Telegram, phone mockup with grocery list

Feud reignited

The source added: "It's a shame as there was so much excitement about the reunion. It all feels pretty final, but the BBC could try to rescue it in another way."

The pair's fall-out dates back to 2008, when Wearing, who had been working as head chef at one of Ramsay's restaurants, quit to launch his own restaurant. That led to years of silence, but they reconciled a few months ago, which led to them agreeing to work together.

Speaking about the upcoming series, Ramsay, 59, previously said: "Marcus and I go back a long way. And I'm delighted we're coming together to bring this special series to BBC Daytime."

History of partnership

In June, Wearing added: "This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside Gordon again. It's been many years since we last shared a kitchen. I can't wait to get started."

The pair had opened a restaurant together in 1999 called Pétrus. Wearing later had plans to go solo, taking over the lease, which resulted in a bitter fall-out and a legal battle. Following that, Ramsay maintained ownership of the Pétrus name, and Wearing moved on to open Wearing at The Berkeley Hotel.

Last year, Wearing took part in a school talk to discuss his journey from a budding chef to a Michelin-starred TV star. When a pupil asked whether he knew Ramsay, he responded: "I know him very, very well. I worked with him. I was business partners with him. He was the best man at my wedding and then I fell out with him."

The Mirror has contacted representatives for Gordon and Marcus for comment. A BBC spokesman declined to comment.

Pickt after-article banner — collaborative shopping lists app with family illustration