Liverpool could adopt a risky strategy in their pursuit of Paris Saint-Germain winger Bradley Barcola, as the club may wait until the final days of the transfer window to force a lower asking price. The 23-year-old remains the Reds' primary target, but a deal has not yet been completed.
Barcola transfer saga
The fee for Barcola is the sticking point between PSG and Liverpool. The French champions reportedly value the winger at £145 million, a price the Reds are unwilling to match. Liverpool have been playing a waiting game, hoping PSG's own transfer business will help reduce the cost.
PSG have since signed Maghnes Akliouche, Ferran Torres, and Mika Godts, softening their stance on keeping Barcola. French outlet Jeunes Footeux, via Liverpool.com, reports that PSG have now lowered their asking price, validating Liverpool's patient approach. However, journalist Ben Jacobs said on talkSPORT, via This Is Anfield, that the Premier League club could take a risk by waiting until the final days of the window to push PSG further.
Ngumoha's potential role change
If Barcola arrives, he would play in his favoured left-wing position, which could push Rio Ngumoha to the right flank, according to The Times. The 17-year-old has yet to be replaced by a new signing for Mohamed Salah's old role, and Ngumoha is the likely candidate to succeed the Egyptian.
Ngumoha has featured significantly on the right wing during pre-season and started there in the club's final friendly against Como on Sunday. Versatility is something manager Andoni Iraola requires, having previously used players like Antoine Semenyo and Dango Ouattara in different roles at Bournemouth.
Ngumoha admitted he has been practising adapting his game to the opposite wing. He said: "All the coaching staff are just telling me to play my normal game really, whether that’s going inside or outside. I’ve been working on it in training anyway, playing on the right and the left. Just being unpredictable really."



