Thousands of viewers in country areas across Australia will lose access to some of Channel 10's most popular shows from July. Programs like MasterChef Australia, I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!, and Deal or No Deal will be dropped from regional broadcaster WIN's free-to-air schedule.
Affected Regions
The areas impacted include the Mount Gambier and Riverland districts of South Australia, and Griffith in New South Wales. It is estimated that 90,000 viewers will no longer see some of their favourite shows once the change takes effect. The channels losing transmission in the targeted regions include Channel 10, 10 Drama, 10 Comedy, and Nickelodeon, as reported by Media Week on Tuesday.
Viewers will still be able to access Channel 10 content via the network app. However, many regional residents face challenges with internet access or familiarity with streaming technology.
Reasons for the Change
According to reports, WIN is withdrawing Channel 10's content because it is no longer financially viable to continue their program supply agreement. A spokesperson from Channel 10 told the publication that they were 'disappointed' with WIN's decision.
'We know this change is a real and unfair disruption for many regional viewers, especially those with limited internet access or less familiarity with streaming technology,' they said. 'We are disappointed by WIN's decision to stop broadcasting Network 10 in the Riverland, Mount Gambier and Griffith markets. As more advertising shifts to digital platforms, it is important for the Government to continue to support regional broadcasters so that essential local services communities rely on can be maintained.'
Previous Agreements
WIN has previously had deals with Channel 10, as well as Channel Nine and Channel Seven, to transmit their content via free-to-air in regional markets. Previously, WIN had withdrawn Channel 10's content in the Mildura region in 2024, and in 2025, they briefly cut Channel Seven content. WIN had originally signed a Program Supply Agreement with Channel 10 in 2016, which was supposed to end after five years. The most recent agreement terminates on June 30.
Viewer Reactions
Viewers have been quick to slam WIN's decision. Commented one viewer online: 'What about the elderly who don't have a smart TV or the internet?' Another added: 'I have clients who like watching the 10 network; they don't have streaming or internet, so this won't be good.' A third person agreed: 'Soon it will be like back in the '80s when we had two channels… I feel for the people who aren't tech-savvy and people who can't afford to pay for internet.'



